Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Journal #2 August 9, 2000

My dad and step mom tell me quit crying and move on, but I feel that if I do, it will be being disrespectful to your memory. The last thing that I would ever want to do is be disrespectful to you. I love you.

Whenever I think of you, I think about when I helped you with your monologue in Theater class, do you remember that? It was the "St Crispan's Day" speech from Shakespeare. I also remember you lip-syncing to "Take Me to Your Leader". I almost cried when I lost the puzzle piece that I got at your funeral. It was the one physical thing that I had to remind me of you. I love you Jeremy. I always will.

Love always, B (a friend)
PS Your black marble headstone is beautiful!


Sometimes grief is confusing. As if by moving on, we're hurting someone we lost. Perhaps you've experienced the confusion -weighing when to move on and let yourself be happy. Grief is so different for everyone- our family knows that very well. Is there any pain in your life you're clinging to? Is it time to let go, and move on? Are you ready for healing?

No comments:

Post a Comment